BARRIE HO PRESENTS IRIS IN ASIA
Barrie Ho, founder and director of the Hong Kong based architects firm BARRIE HO Architecture Interiors Ltd (BHA) and his design philosophy touch down at the Fuorisalone 2014.
Winner of numerous architecture awards (including the HKIA Cross-Strait Architectural Award 2013, Asia Pacific Property Awards 2013, HKSAR Quality Building Awards 2010 and 2012, Dubai Cityscape Architectural Awards 2008), Barrie Ho will be at Fuorisalone 2014 to unveil an overview of his architectural designs, showcasing the study and style research behind his work, the same criteria that have always inspired Iris Ceramica’s creative exploration, chosen by Barrie Ho as a partner during his major projects.
The research and exploration carried out by Barrie Ho and Iris Ceramica have proceeded in a parallel way, exploiting the respective strengths of both: the knowledge of Far East markets and the know-how of the best Italian ceramic tradition.
The three project types that will be showcased at the exhibition fully epitomize the designer’s creative concept: Unification of Diversification, a philosophy that perfectly combines with Iris Ceramica versatile products, the most suitable solution for a broad range of different architecture projects.
The 10 projects on display will, each in a different way, offer an original use of Iris Ceramic porcelain tiles, and it is for this very reason that Barrie Ho chose the Fiorano Modenese-based company, the world leader in the production of glazed ceramics and porcelain stoneware for floor and wall coverings.
The projects will be interspaced with the showcasing of Maxfine by FMG, the new slabs in size 300x150 that represent the brand new frontier for large size ceramics.
• Conference Hotel @ The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
• GENESIS Cultural Village @Island South, Hong Kong
• Plaza 2000 Corporate Tower @ Russell Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
• The Headquarter of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications and the Employees’ Retraining Board @ Island East, Hong Kong
• The Mercer, Boutique Hotel @ Mercer Street, Hong Kong
• Kunming World Trade Centre @ Kunming, People’s Republic of China
• Chiesa Chinese Rhenish @ New Territories, Hong Kong
• Skynet for Logo Square @ The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
• Residence @ Moorsom Drive, Jardine’s Lookout, Hong Kong
• Zebrano Residential Tower @ Kowloon City, Hong Kong
BARRIE HO PRESENTS: IRIS IN ASIA
TEMPORARY MUSEUM FOR NEW DESIGN
SUPERSTUDIO PIU’ – VIA TORTONA 13/VIA BUGATTI 9 - MILANO
• AREA 19 •
8-13 April 2014