The major Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver certification confirms the innovation and sustainability of made-in-Italy materials.
Iris Ceramica Group’s Made in Italy large format ceramics have been granted Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver certification by “The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute”.
Iris Ceramica ceramics are included in the certification since they are Made in Italy technical ceramic surfaces.
Cradle to Cradle Certified® is one of the most ambitious global standards for the design and production of safe, circular and responsible products.
The assessment is based on five categories of sustainability performance:
- Material Health: ensuring materials are safe for humans and the environment;
- Product Circularity: enabling a circular economy through regenerative products and process design;
- Clean air and Climate Protection: promoting renewable energy and reducing harmful emissions;
- Water and soil stewardship: safeguarding water and soils;
- Social Fairness: respecting human rights and contributing to a fair and equitable society.
The certification covers not only aspects linked to the product life cycle but also the respect for human rights by the company and the supply chain. Also for this reason, it is considered one of the most innovative, detailed and interesting environmental labels.